Top-ranked federal criminal defense lawyers who provide aggressive legal representation for clients charged with a federal offense.
- Federal Prosecutors Take Down Largest Child Pornography Website
Federal prosecutors made an announcement they seized and then shut down the world’s largest child pornography website and filed multiple charges against the operator of the website. A South Korean man, Jong Woo Son, 23, was indicted by a federal grand jury in the District of Columbia. The dark web site had over 200,000 sexually explicit The post Federal Prosecutors Take Down Largest Child Pornography Website appeared first on Eisner Gorin LLP.
- Defending White Collar Crimes in Federal Court
A “white collar crime” in the context of federal offenses refers to non-violent financial or regulatory offense charged in a federal criminal court. Common crimes include health care fraud, embezzlement, extortion, mortgage fraud, money laundering, securities fraud, bribery, forgery, insurance fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud, and others. There type of federal offenses often involves a The post Defending White Collar Crimes in Federal Court appeared first on Eisner Gorin LLP.
- Avoiding Jail Time in Federal Child Pornography Cases
Our criminal defense law firm has represented many clients in California State and federal courts who were facing child pornography related charges – including possession and distribution. In most child porn cases, before a defendant is actually indicted, federal law enforcement agencies have already conducted such a thorough investigation that includes electronic records and forensic The post Avoiding Jail Time in Federal Child Pornography Cases appeared first on Eisner Gorin LLP.
- Defending Drug Trafficking and Sales Cases in Federal Court
Our criminal defense law firm has experience representing clients who were charged with drug trafficking and sales of narcotics in California State and federal courts – in violation of 21 U.S.C. § 841. We have helped clients minimize or eliminate penalties for federal drug charges. It should be noted that prosecution for these types of The post Defending Drug Trafficking and Sales Cases in Federal Court appeared first on Eisner Gorin LLP.
- Federal Child Pornography Laws – 18 U.S.C. § 2252
The laws against child pornography are some of the strictest in the federal court system. Title 18 of the United States Code, Section 2252 makes it a federal offense to possess, distribute, or transport child pornography – which is defined any visual imagery that depicts children under 18 years old in sexual situations for the The post Federal Child Pornography Laws – 18 U.S.C. § 2252 appeared first on Eisner Gorin LLP.
Join the Conversation @EisnerGorinLLP
- The crime of DUI causing injury is described under California Vehicle Code 23153 as driving under the influence of… https://t.co/SWiMOQVa87
- Federal securities fraud under 18 U.S.C. § 1348 makes it a crime to defraud anyone in connection with a security or… https://t.co/hdXOkMB9pg
- The federal Foreign Corrupt Practices Act under 15 U.S.C. 78dd-1 is an anti-bribery and anti-kickback law with pen… https://t.co/ooRavpmpGm
- Federal crime of blackmail and extortion under 18 U.S.C. § 873 is described as demanding money from another person… https://t.co/IoLhJpSXIa
- A federal prosecutor will often use the False Statement Accountability Act to charge, or makes threats to criminall… https://t.co/pa1tMIoS3Y
- When anyone filed for bankruptcy conceals assets, makes false statements, destroys or conceals financial records, t… https://t.co/ZQgHibQIkG
- Many don’t realize it’s possible to be charged with a domestic violence crime where no physical contact occurred. C… https://t.co/hpTW15EIn9
- The federal crime of bank robbery is defined under Title 18, Section 2113 of the United States Code as part of a co… https://t.co/yjZUwpHwzw
- If you are convicted of domestic violence in Los Angeles, there are many penalties imposed by the judge, but there… https://t.co/mFVIcC07Fs
- The False Claims Act under 18 U.S.C. § 287 defines the federal crime of false, fictitious, or fraudulent claims and… https://t.co/d0xCdcxIXg