Top-ranked Los Angeles divorce and family law attorneys who provide aggressive legal representation.
- How Can I File for a Restraining Order in Los Angeles?
Los Angeles courts have the authority to issue an order to prohibit someone from contacting you and to keep a certain amount of distance away from you. This can be accomplished by making an application for a restraining order, which are also called a protective order or stay-away order. These type of court orders restricts […] The post How Can I File for a Restraining Order in Los Angeles? appeared first on Furman & Zavatsky LLP.
- Preparing to File for Divorce Checklist
Filing for divorce is a major decision that can have ramifications for your emotional, financial, and social well-being. If you have decided to file for divorce, preparing in advance will make the difficult process much easier. Every California divorce is unique, but there are many general steps most spouses can take to prepare. While this article […] The post Preparing to File for Divorce Checklist appeared first on Furman & Zavatsky LLP.
- Can Text Messages Be Used in Divorce Court?
These days, most people use text messages as one of their primary modes of communication. While this makes communication easy in a lot of ways, it can also provide evidence in courts of all kinds. Increasingly, Los Angeles family law attorneys see that people want to use text messages as evidence in their divorce proceedings. […] The post Can Text Messages Be Used in Divorce Court? appeared first on Furman & Zavatsky LLP.
- Divorcing an Alcoholic or Drug Addict
Even though California is a no-fault divorce state, it’s doesn’t mean there are not any extenuating circumstances in a marriage that can’t be considered by the family law court. For example, addiction to drugs or alcohol are certainly factors that could affect child custody, visitation rights, spousal support (alimony), dividing marital assets and even property […] The post Divorcing an Alcoholic or Drug Addict appeared first on Furman & Zavatsky LLP.
- How Can I Modify Spousal or Child Support After a Divorce?
As anyone who has been through a divorce knows, life can change quickly. Sometimes, these changes affect a person’s ability to pay spousal or child support. Conversely, some changes may positively affect a person’s finances, leaving them no longer in need of spousal support. In either case, you and your Los Angeles family law attorney […] The post How Can I Modify Spousal or Child Support After a Divorce? appeared first on Furman & Zavatsky LLP.
Join the Conversation @furmanzavatsky
- Los Angeles courts can prohibit someone from contacting you during a divorce, but you will need to apply for a rest… https://t.co/P7SyUXq6lw
- Every California divorce is unique, but there are many general steps most spouses can take to prepare that will mak… https://t.co/nKqM9Pmusx
- Family law disputes in California are typically very emotional and financially draining. Every family law case is u… https://t.co/TKs4LjUREV
- Generally, text messages and emails can be admissible as evidence in a California family court to be used against t… https://t.co/D1xlS6qosD
- #losangelesdivorcelawyer Top-ranked Los Angeles divorce and family law attorneys. https://t.co/04sqeJrWbw
- Los Angeles Divorce Attorney https://t.co/pszIbcMs8j via @bloglovin
- Perhaps the most significant impact that substance abuse has on a divorce case is in child custody decisions. An a… https://t.co/kedNEw0ztS
- There are situations where a change in circumstances occurs and the court ordered spousal or child support award is… https://t.co/rehalRlkUu
- A divorce will typically impact your finances in a many different ways , but with strategic planning, you can rebui… https://t.co/XOS1eHCStp
- For different reasons, there might come a time when a parent’s rights are terminated under California law. This mea… https://t.co/dINTSftSRN