Top-ranked Los Angeles divorce and family law attorneys who provide aggressive legal representation.
- What Is a Protective Order in a California Divorce?
Under the best circumstances, divorce is complicated and trying. If your divorce involves a protective order against your spouse, the situation is even more difficult. Having an order of protection filed during a California divorce can severely complicate an already sensitive matter and places the spouse who is the target of the order at a disadvantage. […] The post What Is a Protective Order in a California Divorce? appeared first on Furman & Zavatsky LLP.
- Will My 401(k) Retirement Plan be at Risk in a California Divorce?
If you are moving toward a divorce, you are no doubt concerned about your financial future, including how your marital property will be divided between the two of you. While some of this division of property is fairly straightforward, many people are confused about what happens to their 401(k) plans in a California divorce. Your […] The post Will My 401(k) Retirement Plan be at Risk in a California Divorce? appeared first on Furman & Zavatsky LLP.
- California Family Code Section 2030 – Attorney Fee Orders
Family disputes can be expensive. Few lawyers work for free, and many divorces are complicated, requiring the use of expert witnesses, forensic accountants, and other professionals, all of whom charge fees for their work. California lawmakers want to ensure both spouses in a divorce are afforded equal access to legal representation. In many cases, each […] The post California Family Code Section 2030 – Attorney Fee Orders appeared first on Furman & Zavatsky LLP.
- Violating a Restraining Order During California Divorce Process
During a divorce or separation, tension within the family often escalates and creates a potentially hostile environment. In a situation where one spouse feels threatened or there are allegations of actual abuse, they can request the family law court to grant a domestic violence restraining order, which can be either temporary or permanent. California Family […] The post Violating a Restraining Order During California Divorce Process appeared first on Furman & Zavatsky LLP.
- Can My Spouse Take My Inheritance When We Get Divorced?
California is a community property state, which has fairly simple rules for dividing property when a couple gets a divorce. However, one of the most difficult issues of divorce frequently involves making decisions on how to divide assets. The first step in any discussion on how to divide marital assets starts with actually identifying which […] The post Can My Spouse Take My Inheritance When We Get Divorced? appeared first on Furman & Zavatsky LLP.
Join the Conversation @furmanzavatsky
- Protective orders in a California divorce allow the court to define what is considered acceptable contact between s… https://t.co/GFvPJcQWhj
- If you get divorced in California, you might have to divide your 401(k) retirement plan equally, depending on when… https://t.co/4nP0zyw8xo
- California Family Code 2030 ensures each spouse has access to representation during divorce. This law allows a cou… https://t.co/Ta3AloCdTr
- After the court issues a restraining order, this means court has sufficient testimony to convince the judge that pr… https://t.co/572BE6LdoJ
- Generally, your spouse is not entitled to any of your inheritance in a California divorce because it is not defined… https://t.co/MtpHGwXmHw
- Learn how Los Angeles family law courts factors in health insurance costs when setting child support. Read our blog… https://t.co/RfNhDnDwi3
- Check out my latest article: Furman & Zavatsky Selected to SuperLawyers 2019 https://t.co/9XOsv4BP2q via @LinkedIn
- How Will a California Court Divide Our Property in a Divorce? https://t.co/NcUqo9IvZh
- California Community Property Laws https://t.co/WqonVCP23f
- Los Angeles Property Division Lawyer https://t.co/a3nQrM2zWK