Provides clients with dedicated criminal defense representation and is committed to obtaining the best possible outcome.
- What is the Purpose of a California Pitchess Motion?
When you have a situation where law enforcement are the primary witnesses or law enforcement has done something illegal related to a search, taking a statement or anything the defendant can use to file a motion to try to get the case dismissed or mitigated, you want to think about doing what’s called a “Pitchess Motion.” Police Officer Personnel Records Showing a Pattern of Misconduct What it is, is you’re trying to get the background information on the police officers associated with the case and you’re looking for stuff like prior false police reports that they might have filed, lying… Read More The post What is the Purpose of a California Pitchess Motion? appeared first on Hedding Law Firm.
- Arraignment Process in Los Angeles Criminal Courts
If you’ve never been charged with a crime or you have a loved one who is being charged with a crime and you never had to deal with it, one of the first things you’re going to hear talked about is an arraignment. Basically, that’s where the person appears in court. They appear because they were given some sort of a citation, the government sent them a letter to appear or they’re arrested and brought into custody if they don’t post bail, and then they would appear at the arraignment, or they’re arrested, post a bail, are given a future… Read More The post Arraignment Process in Los Angeles Criminal Courts appeared first on Hedding Law Firm.
- Should You Take a Plea Deal for Your Los Angeles Criminal Case?
This is one of the biggest burning questions on people’s mind if they’re charged with a crime anywhere in California. This is sometimes not the easiest question to answer and you’re going to want an answer with the guidance of a season California criminal defense attorney who knows you, your case, your criminal record and knows whether or not if you go to jury trial, you can win. But that’s really the evaluation, isn’t it? I mean, you have two choices in general in criminal cases when they’re filed against you. You either fight the case. Take it to a… Read More The post Should You Take a Plea Deal for Your Los Angeles Criminal Case? appeared first on Hedding Law Firm.
- Getting Charges Dismissed in Los Angeles with No Conviction
There are actually a lot of different ways in Los Angeles county criminal courts when someone’s charged with a criminal case to get the case dismissed. Obviously, the one that you would probably think of off the top of your head is to go to trial and if the client is found not-guilty then the case is dismissed. Sometimes, through investigation and hard work and the right case, obviously, you can convince the prosecutors to dismiss the case after they file it, assuming they have got some good stuff that they didn’t consider at the time they filed it. You… Read More The post Getting Charges Dismissed in Los Angeles with No Conviction appeared first on Hedding Law Firm.
- Right to a Speedy Trial in a California Criminal Case
This issue comes up all the time. I’ve been doing criminal defense now for twenty-five years and a lot of times, for various reasons, I will be arguing that the judge or the prosecutor, or both, are violating my client’s speedy trial right. And it doesn’t just have to do with a trial. It could also have to do with the preliminary hearing. Defendants who have been charged a criminal offense in Los Angeles have a right to a speedy trial that is guaranteed by both the Sixth Amendment of the United States Constitution and the California Constitution. Our California… Read More The post Right to a Speedy Trial in a California Criminal Case appeared first on Hedding Law Firm.
Join the Conversation @heddinglaw
- In San Fernando Valley domestic violence cases, the biggest factors considered by a prosecutor and judge are injuri… https://t.co/50MuogmKme
- What's the Difference Between Serious Bodily Injury and Great Bodily Injury Allegations in a California Criminal Ca… https://t.co/M6YYdB2Iy8
- If you have been arrested for a crime in California and police are the primary witnesses and they acted unlawfully,… https://t.co/Y3b5RWGHGx
- Being able to track people’s phones is called Ping technology (P-I-N-G) using cell towers. Police and prosecutors… https://t.co/5UpCmYmkRw
- If you are a parent with a child in trouble in another state, it’s not easy to choose a defense attorney with exper… https://t.co/tiebEsNwNB
- The arraignment in Los Angeles Criminal Courts is the first appearance after charges have been filed against you. Y… https://t.co/5bhaQP5nS6
- Domestic violence cases in the San Fernando, CA Courthouse are handled by a special unit of the District Attorneys'… https://t.co/IKrcFjcCpf
- Arrested for a crime in Los Angeles? Learn what factors to consider whether you should accept a plea bargain in you… https://t.co/wIK3MXeSk8
- There are actually a lot of different ways in Los Angeles county criminal courts to get a criminal case dismissed w… https://t.co/fxL8tzt8VQ
- California Penal Code Section 243(e)(1) deals with misdemeanor domestic violence charges when there are no serious… https://t.co/oobKc9m4ND