Website provided by experienced nurse and nursing faculty. This site discusses diabetes in-depth, but in an easy to understand manner.
- Oct 3, Types of Insulin, Onset, Peak and Duration Displayed
Different types of insulin displayed in a table, showing time of onset of action, peak and duration of action.
- Sep 24, Metformin is The Generic Name for Glucophage
Metformin is oral diabetes medication that belongs to the group of medications called the biguanides
- Sep 24, Lantus Insulin Is Insulin Glargin
Lantus insulin is long-acting insulin that resembles the insulin made by the human body, except for little change in the insulin protein
- Sep 24, Janumet Is Januvia and Metformin
Janumet is a combination medicine that contains Januvia and metformin. Januvia is the trade name for sitagliptin and metformin is the generic name for Glucophage.
- Sep 20, HHNS Is Hyperosmolar Hyperglycemic Nonketotic Syndrome
HHNS or HNS is Hyperosmolar hyperglycemic nonketotic syndrome. It is a diabetes complication that occurs in dehydration and hyperglycemia